Monday, April 21, 2008

East Coast Party



Hi everyone.




Let's consider these past 8 months of mine to be one big road trip. One big party on the east coast.




I want to take this time to reflect on these past 8 months because, well, right now I'm not traveling, and that's a huge shock to me, in a way. My life was dictated by my next destination, the hours it would take to get there, and the mental preparation needed to consider a 5 hour drive normal.




So let us consider the past 8 months.




Travelling, for me, started in the middle of September.




According to the second to last blog I wrote in 2007, I traveled roughly 12,500 miles! That took place in about 90 days.




That's an average of 139 miles a day!




Now the second half of my job.




I started travelling again in mid-January. I finished my job at the end of April (although two weekends ago I did make (driving) it up to and down from Boston in 3 days.). So in the past 3 months, I traveled to New Orleans, Jacksonville, Gainesville, Miami, Baltimore, Boston, Worcester, Fairfield, New York, Philadelphia, Raleigh, Charlottesville, Williamsburg and Washington DC.




According to my GPS, since I began to use the rental car on the last day of January, I have driven over 4,610 miles. That does not include driving from New Orleans to Mobile, Jacksonville, FL, to Miami, and my recent Boston trip. Oh yeah, and the flying.




So with all of the flying and driving taken into account, I have traveled about.....




7,600 miles.




Now, if we take that number and add it to my first couple of months as a recruiter, we get...




20,100 miles! That is how much I traveled this year. That of course does not count my winter trip to Spain, or the train I took to and from Greenwich and Baltimore.


And all of that was accomplished in 7 months.






It's been a crazy year, and calculating those numbers proves it.






What is left to do after an accomplishment like that?




Obviously travel from Utah, down through the south, back up to Connecticut in about 2 weeks.




Road trip! Starting tomorrow! Until then, enjoy a video to celebrate my past year of traveling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's great and way to go. Enjoy your roadtrip, because after a year of traveling for your job why not drive even more?!
:-)

Take care and I am in need of more Garden Catering someday soon.